Thursday 13 May 2010

It's only superstition.............


Although we've had a couple of days sunshine the nights are still freezing. I was horrified to see the frost damage in my garden - Wisteria, rhododendron blooms, rodgersis, hydrangeas all distinctly shrivelled by frost. No wonder those foxgloves and roses are just not moving - Time for more drastic measures. I have to say the weather has remained freezing ever since our Goddess Kartika arrived on site and was uncermoniously installed on a pallet in the packing shed. A flash of inspiration came to me in the night - maybe she cam influence the blooming of our reluctant plants?

So this morning I enlisted the help of some muscle and we (or rather they) moved Kartika into the tunnel amidst the foxgloves and roses. I had a pleading word with her - she smiled a little - think it was just relief to be out of the packing shed. I can't say that those plants bloomed before my very eyes - but she needs a little time.

Ricky was more sceptical about the whole operation and decided to move some of the Digitalis and the Philadelphus (my plants are showing a few buds! - Ricky's are not!) down to the greenhouses of John Robinson houseplants. They may not be quite as light as the tunnel but they are warmer at night (Don't tell Kartika!).


Anyway this all went on alongside the loading of the lorries in the capable hands of Nigel - one of our fantastic construction crew. Nigel is always optimistic and cheerful - I reminder him of that when he had a negative moment about my Venetian Palace this morning. I have every confidence they can pull it off without any help from Kartika - she need to concentrate on the plants.







1 comment:

  1. All the very best with the show. Hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete