Friday 11 June 2010

Life after Chelsea

Chelsea already seems a long time ago. Since the show I've been catching up in the garden and despite the severe winter I must say its really looking quite good now. The dry spell and cool temperatures have meant slow growth of many things, and some plants such as the peonies and roses are well behind this time last year - but that may mean a longer season of interest rather than having everything out at the same time.

Since the show I've had so many lovely messages from gardeners congratulating us on our 65th Gold Medal. I'm always amazed at the interest in the show from gardeners everywhere. It really seems to make all the effort worthwhile.


The Chelsea Live magazine has been well recieved, and funnily enough it is an ongoing reminder of a very happy Chelsea 2010. Every time I see a copy the cover - a picture of Moroccan Magic - reminds me just how good this year's exhibit was. I don't mean that in an arrogant way - I'm just so proud of the achievement of the team that created Adventures in Gardening.

There's always a bit of a sense of deflation and sadness after Chelsea - every high has its low. Sometimes there are aspects of the show or the exhibit that I will not be sorry not to relive - this year that is not the case. Every aspect of the exhibit and the show brings happy memories. We had so much fun with The Secret Garden Diary Room and I look forward to catching up with the Scotts Team to discuss future plans.
You never know where Chelsea will take you - I remember saying that in a blog a few weeks ago. Last year I met Kay Yamada and the team from the Barakura English Garden, in Japan.....Who knows what may happen in the next few weeks!

http://barakura.co.jp/english/

No comments:

Post a Comment