Saturday 9 May 2009

Another sunny Sunday



Its Sunday morning - the sun is shining again and the garden looks glorious. I spent yesterday at home - weeding, mowing, potting and worrying about what a state my plot would be in after he next two weeks of neglect when nearly all my time will be spent in London. When I wasn't worrying about that I as thinking about what was going on on site. I phoned Neil early yesterday - I hadn't marked out the site of the second pond; I am also a little concerned that Surviving Suburbia is too small to accommodate the paving, hedges, lawn and gravel area and, most importantly, the plants. It's great to be able to move the boundaries to get in what you want to - shame you can't do that in a real garden.
Antway when I spoke to him the big trees had already arrived on site and they had one unloaded.
No further phonecalls during the day should mean that everything went according to plan and everyone is happy.
Pete and Steve really need to have the main pathway finished by tonight to allow enough time to uid the ponds, walls and do the rest of the feature paving by Tuesday evening. They do need to have the base constructed for the main building by tonight - the guys from Forest should be there tomorrow to install all the buildings - ready painted.
I still haven't finalised lighting for the main water feature and there was something else I thought of...............life's like that.
Tomorrow I wan to sort out planting of pots with Sue before I head for London - have put two on the drive to go from here, also the large glazed bowl for Losing the Plot - still deciding whether to take an old lichen covered bench from home for Pushing up the Daisies.
Heading into the BBC later - Radio Northampton at 12.15 Then The Goodlife on Radio Solent from 1-2 - still lots of gardening to do. Must plant some more parsley ..............and my beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment