Sunday 15 May 2011

Sunday evening update ..................



All seems to be progressing well in London. Just chatted with Neil on Skype, and Nigel gave me a video tour on same earlier. Buildings well under way, paving progresssing well - skeleton of store in place. Neil reckons they are a little ahead of schedule -but its surprising how long that stream and the edging will take. I would really love to have most of that edging done by the time we start staging. Spoke to Chris and told him we do not need to go up and help build tomorrow - relieved but disappointed, if that makes sense.


I did Radio Solent at lunchtime -good fun as ever - rest of day in garden. Although its frustrating in some ways that everything is so early, I do feel at least I've seen it this year. Cornus 'Satomi' looks ravishing and first orchids out in the meadow - please slow down or there will be nothing for my visitors in June.


I do feel this year as if I've had some of May - If there is a major downer from doing Chelsea its being robbed of the month of May in a real garden - but I suppose you can't have it all!


Here's Nigel's video .......................

No comments:

Post a Comment